Descendants of John Baldwin
The report was generated with The Master Genealogist (Gold Version) which I personally recommend for proper genealogical collection and publication purposes.
Children of John1 Baldwin and Briget (--?--) were as follows:
2. John2 Baldwin (John1); born before 1675 in possibly York County, England; married Jennet Harley, daughter of Roger Harley and Alice Veepon, Feb 11, 1696/97 in Trawden Forest, Lancaster, England; married Ann Scott, daughter of John Scott and Jane Bond, Feb, 1707/8; died Jan 19, 1757.
There were no children of John2 Baldwin and Jennet Harley.
Children of John2 Baldwin and Ann Scott were as follows:
4. William2 Baldwin (John1); born circa 1677 in Gisburn, York County, England (Unknown Author, The Travels of William Baldwin in America, 1709 (No place: The Journal of the Friends Historical Society, 1918), The Journal of the Friends Historical Society 15-27-30, page 27. Hereinafter cited as Travels of William Baldwin.); married Mary Beakbaine Nov 28, 1710 in Yelland, Lancaster County, England; died Aug 30, 1720.
Will of William Baldwen of Bucks co., PA, 1720 [From Bucks co., PA Will Book 1, p. 57, on Family History Library film number 172899.] The twenty first Day of the sixth month 1720 I William Baldwen of theCounty of Bucks & province of Pensilvania Being Weak of Body But of soundmind & perfect Memory Calling to Mind the uncertainty of this TransitoryLife, Do this my Last will & Testament Touching the Disposal of what Temporal Estate I have hereby revoking and annulling all former will or wills heretofore by me Made whatsoever. And this onely to be taken for my Last Will & Testament & none other.
Imprimis I will that my Body beBuried Accordin[g] to the Discretion of my Execu[tors] hereafter named; Secondly after my Debts & funerall expences are fully paid & Discharged IGive & Bequeath all the remaining Part of my Estate Unto My Dear & welbeloved Wife Mary Baldwen & Unto My son John Baldwen to be Equally Divided Between them into two Equal Parts or Shares But my Will is that my Wife Shall have the Benifit of the whole Untill my said Son Shall Attain to the age of Twenty one Yeares; I do hereby Give my Executors full & absolute power to Sell & Dispose of a Tract <or parcell> of LandLy in a place Called Hilltown Containing by Computacion 500 acres be it More or less But if it shall <so> happen that with my personal Estate will not fully Dischar[g]e all my Just Debts; then & in that Case I Give full power to my said Executors to Sell & Dispose of as Much of My Lands in Bristol Township as will Discharge the Same & not otherwise Lastly Ido make Ordain & Appoint my Trusty & well beloved Friends Brother John Baldwen Richard Hill of Philadelphia & Joseph Kirkbride junior to be my whole & sole Executors to see this my Last will & Testament fully performed In witness whereof I have hereunto Sett my hand & Seal the Day & Year firs[t] above written - William Baldwen (Seal) Sealed published & Declared in the presence of Daniel Jackson, Joseph Headly, Edward Tuckett Transcribed by Stewart Baldwin.
Children of William2 Baldwin and Mary Beakbaine were:
8. William3 Baldwin (John2, John1); born Feb 20, 1719/20 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania (Marjorie Morgan, "The Baldwin Family", 1.); married Elizabeth Webb Morgan, daughter of John Morgan and Sarah Lloyd, circa 1745 in Guilford County, North Carolina (Ibid.); married Ann Beals, daughter of John Beals and Sarah Bowater, Jun, 1788 in Guilford County, North Carolina; died Aug 19, 1802 in Guilford County, North Carolina, at age 82 (William Wade Hinshaw, Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume 1, North Carolina (No place: William Wade Hinshaw, 1936), 489. Hereinafter cited as Encyclopedia of Quaker Gen Vol I.).
Children of William3 Baldwin and Elizabeth Webb Morgan were as follows:
There were no children of William3 Baldwin and Ann Beals.
Children of John4 Baldwin and Jemina Sanders were as follows:
16. Ann4 Baldwin (William3, John2, John1); born May 18, 1750 in Guilford County, North Carolina (Ibid.); married Samuel Millikan Jun 10, 1767 in Guilford County, North Carolina; died Nov 22, 1832 in Plainfield, Hendricks County, Indiana, at age 82.
Children of Ann4 Baldwin and Samuel Millikan were as follows:
18. Daniel4 Baldwin (William3, John2, John1); born Sep 23, 1756 in Wayne County, Indiana (Willard Heiss, Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana, Part Two (Indianapolis: Indiana Historical Society, 1965), 4, 35. Hereinafter cited as Friends Abstracts, Part 2.); married Mary Benbow, daughter of Charles Benbow and Mary (--?--), Nov 7, 1781 in Guilford County, North Carolina (William Wade Hinshaw, Encyclopedia of Quaker Gen Vol I, 523.); died Aug 14, 1823 in Wayne County, Indiana, at age 66 (Willard Heiss, Friends Abstracts, Part 2, 4.).
Children of Daniel4 Baldwin and Mary Benbow were as follows:
There were no children of Jesse4 Baldwin and Margaret (--?--).
Children of Jesse4 Baldwin and Hannah Thornbrough were as follows:
Children of Uriah4 Baldwin and Hannah Hunt were as follows:
Children of John5 Baldwin and Charlotte (--?--) were as follows:
Children of Jesse5 Baldwin and Margaret (--?--) were:
Children of Jesse5 Baldwin and Hannah Mendenhall were as follows:
38. Charles5 Baldwin (Daniel4, William3, John2, John1); born Sep 1, 1782 in Grant County, Indiana (Willard Heiss, Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana, Part Three (Indianapolis: Indiana Historical Society, 1970), 2. Hereinafter cited as Friends Abstracts, Part 3.); married Eunice Pemberton; married Sarah Thomas, daughter of John Thomas and Molly Clark, Dec 25, 1806 in Marlbourgh County, South Carolina (William Wade Hinshaw, Encyclopedia of Quaker Gen Vol I, 1071.); died Sep 20, 1848 in Grant County, Indiana, at age 66 (Willard Heiss, Friends Abstracts, Part 3, 86.).
There were no children of Charles5 Baldwin and Eunice Pemberton.
Children of Charles5 Baldwin and Sarah Thomas were as follows:
Children of Henry5 Baldwin and Susannah Molsby were:
Children of Josiah5 Baldwin and Lydia White were as follows:
Children of Sarah5 Baldwin and Stephen Macy were:
84. John6 Baldwin (Charles5, Daniel4, William3, John2, John1); born Mar 7, 1816 in Grant County, Indiana (Ibid., 2.); married Martha L Osborn, daughter of Thomas Osborn and Rebecca Edgerton, Aug 18, 1836 (Ibid., 86.); died 1902; buried 1902 in North Branch Friends Cemetery, Walnut, Jewell County, Kansas.
Children of John6 Baldwin and Martha L Osborn were as follows:
89. Elizabeth F7 Baldwin (John6, Charles5, Daniel4, William3, John2, John1); born Feb 5, 1860 in West Branch, Cedar County, Iowa (William Wade Hinshaw, Index to Iowa Quaker Meeting Records - Orthodox, Part 3 (not idicated: unpublished typescript, no date), 62. Hereinafter cited as Index to Iowa Quaker Meetings.) (Elizabeth Fox Rites Monday, Obituary of Elizabeth Baldwin, Wichita, Kansas, January 14, 1935. Hereinafter cited as Obit of Elizabeth Baldwin.); married Hiram Dwinell Fox, son of Charles Fox and Amanda Gilbert, Nov 15, 1879 in Levenworth, Kansas (William Wade Hinshaw, Index to Iowa Quaker Meetings, 62.); died Jan 13, 1935 in Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas, at age 74.
Obituary of Elizabeth Baldwin, Wichita Beacon, Wichita, Kansas (January14, 1935) Mrs. Elizabeth Fox Claimed by Death in Wichita Sunday Mrs. Elizabeth Fox, 76, died Sunday at 3:15 a.m. following a short illness. Her death occurred before her son, J. Leslie Fox, formerly manager of radio station DFH but now with station WJR of Cleveland could reach her bedside. He hurried toward Wichita by plane when his mother's condition became critical. The plan was due at 2:15 a.m. but did not reach here until 4:30 a.m. owing to bad weather en route. Mrs. Fox had resided here for the past 30 years. She was the widow of the late Hiram D. Fox, formerly with the city engineering department. She was born in West Branch, Iowa. During her long residence in Wichita, she had made many close friends and was widely known and liked by everyone who had made her acquaintance. Three sons survive In addition to her son of Cleveland, she is survived by two other sons, Raymond G., Tucson, Ariz., and Norman G., Tullos, La. They were en route to Wichita by train Sunday. Funeral services will be held at the Gill mortuary Monday at 1:30 p.m. Dr. C.O. Whitely of University Friends church will officiate. Burial will be in College Hill Memorial Lawns cemetery. J. Leslie Fox was one of the radio pioneers of Wichita. He helped found KFH and remained with the station until long after it became a part of the Columbia chain. He left Wichita a few years ago to join the staff of a station at Nashville and from there went to Cleveland where he is advertising manager for WJR, one of the best known stations in the county.
Children of Elizabeth F7 Baldwin and Hiram Dwinell Fox were as follows:
Children of C. Raymond8 Fox and Ruth (--?--) were as follows:
Children of John Leslie8 Fox and Edith Enoch were as follows:
95. Norman Gilbert8 Fox (Elizabeth7Baldwin, John6, Charles5, Daniel4, William3, John2, John1); born Oct 10, 1891 in Newberg, Oregon (Norman Gilbert Fox Photograph of Tombstone in City Cemetery of Liberty, Texas, In custody of Richard N. Fox (P.O. Box 877587, Wasilla, Alaska).); married Ruby Mae Thornton, daughter of John Ruben Thornton and Jane Caroline Boarman, Mar 21, 1920; died Dec 28, 1963 in Lake Charles, Louisiana, at age 72 (Ibid.); buried in City Cemetery, Liberty, Texas.
Children of Norman Gilbert8 Fox and Ruby Mae Thornton were as follows:
99. Norman9 Fox (John8, Elizabeth7Baldwin, John6, Charles5, Daniel4, William3, John2, John1); born Oct 17, 1910 in Joplin, Missouri; married an unknown person; died Jul 13, 1962 in Santa Ana, California, at age 51.
Children of Norman9 Fox and an unknown spouse were:
Children of Mary Katherine9 Fox and Paul O'Kain are as follows:
Children of James Ellsworth9 Fox and Mary K. (--?--) are:
102. Raymond Donald9 Fox (Norman8, Elizabeth7Baldwin, John6, Charles5, Daniel4, William3, John2, John1); born Dec 8, 1924 in San Antonio, Texas ("Notice of Separation from U.S. Naval Service", Naval Discharge Documents for Raymond Donald Fox, Dated January 12, 1946; In custody of Richard N. Fox; P.O. Box 877587, Wasilla, Alaska. Hereinafter cited as "U.S. Naval Discharge Documents".); married Agatha Virginia Morgan, daughter of Frank Elwin Morgan II and Virginia Noble Vaughan, 1941; married Daphne Bridgeman Powell 1960; died Apr 12, 1960 in New Iberia, Louisiana, at age 35; buried in City Cemetery, Liberty, Texas.
Children of Raymond Donald9 Fox and Agatha Virginia Morgan are as follows:
There were no children of Raymond Donald9 Fox and Daphne Bridgeman Powell.
Children of Captain Richard Thornton9 Fox and Shirley Barber both born in Portsmouth, Virginia, are as follows:
Children of Barbara K.10 O'Kain and Tom Irone were as follows:
Children of Alan Norman10 O'Kain and Jenny (--?--) were:
Children of Raymond Donald10 Fox II and Rita Nopens are:
Children of Raymond Donald10 Fox II and Nancy Bergman are:
Children of Sharon Ann10 Fox and Thomas Benton Cruse all born in Monroe, Louisiana, were as follows:
Children of Richard Norman10 Fox and Debra Jane Egan are as follows:
Children of Caprice Illene11 Fox and Robert Transue are:
Children of Caprice Illene11 Fox and Eddie Whitten are: